With five generations of experience behind us, we pride ourselves on being experts in bringing premium raw materials to both domestic and international pet food industries.
Our focus is putting the customer first, delivering superior products alongside exceptional service. There is no surprise we’ve won many awards in recognition for our continual commitments in the meat and pet food industry. Truly placing us as the partner of choice for both customers and suppliers.
Due to continued growth, we are looking to recruit a Key Petfood and Pet Treats Sales Manager to join our growing Commercial Team in Harrogate.
The role of Petfood and Pet Treats Sales Manager
This is an exhilarating, commercially focused Sales Manager opportunity. Reporting to our Senior Commercial Manager, you will have full P&L responsibility for a number of existing Petfood and Pet Treat customers plus the development of a portfolio of new customers.
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with all stakeholders within your customer portfolio alongside identifying and converting new opportunities.
You’ll work collaboratively with the wider Buitelaar team to ensure customers expectations are met at all times.
- Be informed, passionate and engaging about selling our range of products and services.
- Actively build a network within the industry, identify new business opportunities and ultimately convert into long term customers.
- Building annual forecasts and budgets, responsible for customer P&L, regularly reporting performance to customers and internal stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with the Category and Marketing teams, utilising category data and marketing plans to enable consistent sales growth.
- Deliver product development plans in line with customer expectations.
- Explore opportunities within the market and successfully onboard new customers.
- Use of NetSuite to capture opportunities, pipeline, sales and customer performance.
- Fresh FMCG or Pet Food industry experience
- Proven track record of successful sales management and conversation of new customers
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of presenting to customers and internal teams
- Budget and forecasting management
- A strategic thinker, able to lead projects and a team player
- Good communication, relationship building and stakeholder management skills