Established in 1922, with 100 years and five generations of success behind it, the family owned Buitelaar Group specialises in providing sustainable, higher welfare beef supply chain solutions with a focus on British Beef and British Rosé Veal.
The business, as it is today, was built from the ground up by CEO, Adam Buitelaar, who is particularly passionate for helping generate sustainable futures for the coming generations of family farmers.
Having seen rapid expansion over recent years has led to further diversification through maximising the value of the chain’s by-products. This includes the development of our pet food, raw materials, hides and skins and Ingredients divisions across European offices.
We are therefore extremely excited to open a vacancy for an Operations Graduate Scheme starting in July 2023. This role will allow you to grow in a fun, fast paced, supportive and progressive environment.
Our graduates are offered a unique chance to really get involved with the managing of our inner business, to ensure it’s running as efficiently as possible while building your skills, knowledge and experience.
As an Operations Graduate you’ll:
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders and suppliers on logistics of cattle movements.
- Negotiate prices and contracts.
- Gain experience in routing software, internal CRM and CMS systems and their importance.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders and ensure customer service levels always remain a priority.
- Learn how to produce weekly KPI reports to the business.
- Have your own individual projects that not only build your knowledge and skills but can really make a different to the business.
- Exposure to other areas of our business to include sales & marketing.
- At the end the scheme you will move into a permanent role within operations or equally have the potential to move internally to other departments.
- Work with your mentor on a weekly basis to really develop your career.
- Additional training / qualifications are supported should you wish to further your studies.
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.