Buitelaar Group Overview
With five generations of experience behind us, we pride ourselves on being experts in bringing premium raw materials to both domestic and international pet food industries.
Our focus is putting the customer first, delivering superior products alongside exceptional service. There is no surprise we’ve won many awards in recognition for our continual commitments in the meat and pet food industry. Truly putting us at as the partner of choice for both customers and suppliers.
Due to continued growth, we are looking to recruit a Key Account Manager to join our growing Commercial Team in Harrogate.
The role of Key Account Executive
This is a fast paced, commercially focussed Key Account Executive opportunity. Reporting into our Business Unit Manager, you will support the Key Accounts Team across all functions and longer term have the opportunity to develop a portfolio of your own customers and progress into a Key Account Manager role.
You will be responsible for supporting the team in developing and maintaining long-term strategic relationships with all stakeholders within the Key Accounts portfolio. Accomplishing organic growth and delivering against long term company objectives.
You’ll work collaboratively with the wider Buitelaar time to ensure projects are delivered on time and in line with customer expectations.
- Supporting the Key Accounts team in building JBP’s and Commercial Agreements.
- Assisting with forecasting and budgeting, building presentations to report back to internal stakeholders and customers.
- Alongside the Key Account Manager develop a thorough understanding of customers strategies, ambitions and requirements, in turn preparing customised solutions.
- Work collaboratively with the Category and Marketing teams, utilising category data and marketing plans to enable consistent sales growth.
- Support with delivering product development plans in line with customer expectations.
- Explore opportunities within the market and successfully report findings back to internal stakeholders.
- Support the Key Accounts Team with day-to-day tasks to ensure customer expectations are consistently met.
Ideal Skill Set but not Essential
- Fresh FMCG or Pet Food/Treat industry experience
- An acute commercial awareness
- Able to analyse data to gain insight
- Advanced Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience of presenting to customers and or internal teams
- Budget and forecasting management
- A clear understanding how retail organisations operate
- A strategic thinker and a team player
- Good communication, able to build strong relationships