A new and exciting position has arisen for a skilled Farm Worker to join the team at our farm near Wrexham.
Reporting into the Farm Manager, you will play a central role in developing a progressive farm during its transition to regenerative practices and in the day-to-day management of beef cattle.
The position represents a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to progress their career at the forefront of the beef industry in a varied and dynamic role. The successful candidate will be a fast-learner, self-motivated and committed to implementing best practice.
For the right candidate, a part-time position will be considered.
What we can offer
• The opportunity to work on a progressive and innovative farm which is utilising the latest technologies, adopting regenerative farming practices and is committed to best practice.
• Collaboration with industry experts to understand, implement and create research and development projects.
• Work directly with our Farm Manager and alongside a highly experienced, knowledgeable, and qualified team.
• Participation in industry leading Open Days involving key stakeholders and progressive producers.
• Access to working group meetings & on-site farm visits with senior management.
• Varied work with the role covering all aspects of the business from animal husbandry to warehouse management.
• Daily animal husbandry tasks including feeding, mucking out and bedding.
• Administration of cattle vaccinations and routine treatments in line with veterinary health protocols.
• Data collection and record keeping in line with farm protocols and research project requirements including cattle weight recording and input into farm software system.
• Grassland and grazing platform management.
• Assist with on-farm warehouse operations.
A full UK driving license is required and a tele-handler license would be an advantage.