Buitelaar Foods, an arm of the Buitelaar Group, is one of the UK’s largest independent suppliers of meat and meat products, particularly high-quality pet food ingredients, selling to customers across the UK and Internationally. Due to rapid expansion over the last 2 years, we are seeking a Buying Manager to lead and manage the rapidly expanding supply chain. We are a hardworking but fun team and would love to hear from likeminded people who can help keep the office in order.
The role will require you to;
- Work with the sales team to maintain our high standard and service level and ensuring profits are maximised.
- Delivery of margin targets through supplier negotiations and forward contracting.
- Maximising opportunities with current supply chain.
- Create and build relationships with new suppliers/ businesses across the UK and Europe.
- Create buying and seasonality calendars/ schedules to ensure we are maximising our opportunities year-round.
- Using market and industry knowledge to create strategies to deliver excellent service levels and educate our customers on product availability.
We would anticipate the successful candidate to;
- Have an understanding and experience within the meat industry.
- Attention to detail, organised and analytically minded
- Proven negotiator
- At least 2 – 3 years industry relevant experience
- Ability to work at pace, in a fast environment with drive, energy and enthusiasm